Our new FAR second row seat risers for Defender TDCI 110 models resolves an issue with the standard angle/height of the seats in second row location.
As standard, the seat base is almost totally horizontal which results in the underside of passengers upper legs not making contact with the seat and the lack of legroom being uncomfortable.
The flat standard angle also causes issues with young children, especially those in forward facing car seats who end up with their head hanging forward into their chest when they fall asleep.
Our risers are simple to fit with no modification to the vehicle required. 2 people are required to fit the kit though simply because the larger of the two rear seats is cumbersome to remove without a second pair of hands.
When fitted, the whole seat is angled back slightly and passengers no longer sit bolt upright and the knee is lifted which gives better legroom.
Price is for a full kit comprising:
- 4 x FAR second row seat riser brackets.
- Full fitting kit
- Extra rubber pads to pack out rear stopper, amount required varies from vehicle to vehicle. Adjustment instructions provided.
FOR DOUBLE CAB VEHICLES OR VEHICLES WITH DOG/LUGGAGE GUARDS YOU WILL NEED TO ALSO PURCHASE A RISER PLATE FOR THE REAR OF THE SEATS - SEE BELOW.
- For 110 station wagons and utility station wagons which have soundproofing and/or carpeting on the rear seat boxes you will require a 10mm spacer to stop the rear seat release lever from damaging the floor
- For 110 station wagons and utility station wagons which have a Land Rover dog guard or similar (this does not include our own high level storage units with dog/luggage guards as these are adjustable and do not require rear riser plates) you will require a 25mm spacer which can be ordered on the drop down menu above.
- For 110 double cab vehicles you will require a 35mm spacer which can be ordered on the drop down menu above.