The V790 cameras are our go to, rock solid, reliable. option for customers looking for a solid and reliable dash camera setup in either a single channel (front camera only....this listing) or two channel (front and rear).
We have fitted various brands of dashcams over the years and have found these to be most utilised when speaking with customers who are using them, this is due to the simplicity of the unit but also the smartphone application available for Android and IOS which completes the experience and makes it far easier to actually use the data and recordings stored in the camera. Cheaper cameras either have clunky apps or require the memory card to be removed and imported onto a computer and processed....not ideal if you have a legitimate need for the footage following an accident or vandalism which lets face it is the whole point of having a dash camera.
The Lukas V790-1CH Dash Cam is a competitive, entry-level unit that has impressive features and outstanding build quality for the price. We have introduced the Lukas V790-1CH Dash Cam for those customers looking for a high quality Dash Cam without any fancy bells and whistles. The V790-1CH Dash Cam simply has all the essential features and reliability you need in a Dash Cam to reliably record while driving or parked.
The standout features of the Lukas V790-1CH Dash Cam include:
1. 1080P FULL HD resolution with a 2.1MP SONY STARVIS sensor in the front camera for excellent video quality.
2. Extremely high operational temperature resistance of 80°C and even higher storage temperature rated to 90°C. These high temperature ratings speak volumes for the quality and heat tolerance of the individual components and overall design.
3. Clean, cylindrical design. The Lukas V790 Dash Cam is one of our slimmest and cleanest designs. The narrow camera body is unobtrusive which sits neat and tidy on the windscreen.
4. Wi-Fi connectivity & In-built GPS. The Lukas V790-2CH connects to a compatible smartphone (iOS and Android*) and can be controlled via the free Lukas App to change settings and watch/download video files. The GPS processor is built into the mount and will log the vehicle speed and coordinates while stamping this data onto the footage. When viewing video files via the free Lukas Software Player (MAC and Windows compatible), the vehicle location can be seen on a Google Map overlay. Camera settings can be changed in either in the intuitive Lukas App or in the Lukas Software Player for added convenience.
5. Tactile, One-Push SOS button. When the SOS button is pressed on the front camera, a separate 30 second “emergency file” is saved. The 10 seconds prior to the press and the following 20 seconds is saved so you capture the important “before hand” footage. These SOS button files are saved separately in an “EVENT” folder on the SD card. These SOS are not re-recorded over by normal driving files. This means they stay safely on the SD card much longer for when you need them.
6. Pre-buffered Parking Mode recording with dual motion & impact detection. The Lukas V790-2CH Dash Cam records 30 second parking mode files when triggered by either motion and/or impact. This is split into the all important 10 seconds before the trigger and 20 seconds after the trigger capturing the lead up to the event. The G-sensor impact sensitivity can be tailored when in parking mode depending on your needs. *Parking mode operation requires use of the Lukas V790 hardwire cable.
7. Smart File allocation. The Lukas V790-2CH saves and records 3 types of files. Each file is saved into its own separate folder on the SD card and in the App. This makes for easy searching and navigation of video files, especially as the important parking mode files aren’t jumbled up with driving mode files. The video files are marked and stored as:
Always Files – these are purely driving only files – 3 minutes long.
Event Files – these are purely G-sensor (impact) and/or manual Hazard/Emergency button files button files. 30 second files, saving the important 10 seconds before trigger and 20 seconds after trigger.
Motion Files – these are purely parking mode motion files – 30 second files, saving the important 10 seconds before trigger and 20 seconds after trigger.
The Lukas V790-1CH Dash Cam is the perfect entry-level 2-channel Dash Cam. It offers many competitive advantages in the entry-level market like high temp resistance, quality sensors, excellent build quality, pre-buffered parking mode and inbuilt GPS and Wi-Fi. The Lukas V790-2CH Dash Cam is an all-round performer that simply has all the essential features you want in a Dash Cam.
- 1 x Lukas V790 Front Dash Cam
- 1 x 7m front to rear camera connection cable
- 1 x Lukas V790 hardwire lead
- 1 x Lukas V790 WiFi dongle (pre-installed)
- 1 x 16GB Micro SD card + card adaptor
- 1 x front mounting bracket
- 2 x adhesive pads for front mount
- 1 x adhesive pad for rear camera