Plasma 12 strand is the highest strength synthetic rope available. Plasma 12 strand is manufactured from Honeywell Spectra Fiber that has been enhanced by Puget Sound Rope’s patented recrystallization process. This process is especially effective in medium to large diameter ropes where strengths are over 50% higher and creep is significantly less than that of standard Spectra 12 strand.
Plasma 12 strand comes standard with a polyurethane finish and is easily spliced using a simple lockstitch type splice, 4-3-2 or 5-4-3 Tuck splice. Its soft, torque free braided construction provides easy handling.
Why Use Plasma?
- Highest strength-to-weight ratio of any fibre
- Highest abrasion resistance of any fibre
- Excellent dynamic toughness
- Very low elongation (3% – 5%)
- Excellent flex fatigue resistance
- Low resistance to heat
- Low creep
- Easy splicing