This intelligent 3G / GPRS remote monitoring kit uses both 3G and GPRS signal to enable advanced remote monitoring of an Iconica hybrid inverter from any location in the world.
The 3G / GPRS card collects data from the Iconica inverter and transmits it via 3G or GPRS signal to an online data portal, where data is available to view at any time and from any location via an internet browser. Once logged into the online portal, the user will gain access to an extensive range of options for monitoring system data. This 3G / GPRS kit also has the ability to send SMS / email notifications to one or multiple phone numbers / email addresses, alerting the user of alarm events or system reminders. The user can also send an SMS command to the server to remotely view or program system parameters.
- 3G / GPRS card and unit (with antenna)
- DB9 to RJ45 cable for connection to the Iconica inverter
- Micro SIM card with prepaid data plan
- 12V power supply (mains to 12V DC power adapter) with some inverters
This kit is compatible with Iconica hybrid inverters and requires a micro SIM card with a prepaid data plan in order to transmit data to the online portal and to enable the SMS / email communication functions. As default, the 3G /GPRS card will use 3G to operate, however if the inverter is located in an area without 3G signal, the kit will automatically use GPRS signal for data transmission. This is particularly useful for inverters installed in remote areas with unreliable mobile reception.
Please note that Iconica 4KW and 5KW KMS series inverters can power this 3G / GPRS remote monitoring kit directly using the RJ45 cable included with this kit. Other Iconica inverters cannot power the kit directly, and a mains to 12V DC power adapter with a 5.5/2.5mm DC power jack connector must be sourced additionally in order to enable operation of this 3G / GPRS kit.
Online data portal:
This 3G / GPRS kit intelligently communicates with an Iconica inverter to transmit data to the online portal, DataCenter. After creating a username and password, the user will be able to login from a mobile phone / tablet / PC in any location to remotely view system information. Options for remote monitoring include:
– Live in-depth data monitoring: View up-to-date system information (refreshed every 5 minutes) including: PV input voltage, battery voltage, charging current, grid voltage, grid output voltage, AC output power, output load percentage, total AC output (in VA or as a percentage value), nominal rated input voltage / output voltage and frequency / battery voltage
– Detailed datalogs: Historical system data and alarm history is recorded and stored indefinitely. It is available to view for any given date range over the inverter’s lifespan. The specific time and dates of each recorded value / alarm event are also displayed.
– 3D infographics and diagrams: A system status diagram illustrates all connected system components (solar panel, load, battery. Bar charts display total generated power (hourly, daily, monthly or annual data).
– Regional monitoring: Option to group together and monitor multiple Iconica inverters based on location, allowing the user to view combined data for inverters in a particular region, such as: PV input power, grid voltage and battery capacity percentage. (One 3G / GPRS kit required per inverter).
– Multiple user access: Option for the administrator to create and manage several accounts for other authorised users to access the online portal and view /program settings for the assigned inverter. Additional users can also receive SMS /email status updates.
SMS / email communication:
– System configuration via SMS: By choosing from a list of pre-set text commands, the user can send a text message to enquire about specific system data (an ‘enquiry command’), or to manually adjust system settings (an ‘order command’). Possible enquiry commands include daily generated power and system status. Order commands include system restart, restoration of default settings, programming of alarm settings, time zones and user account management. After sending the text command, the user will receive an automatic SMS response containing the system data requested, or alternatively, a confirmation of any changes made to system settings.
– System notifications via email: The user can choose to be notified via email when any system faults or warnings are detected.
This 3G / GPRS remote monitoring kit is designed for use with Iconica hybrid inverters. It is not suitable for use with any other inverter.