Highly durable, semi-flexible solar panel reinforced with anodised aluminium and a strong ETFE surface and made from German monocrystalline solar cells. This high efficiency 20W solar panel is perfect for permanent outdoor use to provide free electricity for charging 12V batteries to power various applications. The panel can also be used to provide direct power supply for applications not sensitive to changes in input voltage / current.
Aluminium reinforcement and strong ETFE coating:
This reinforced semi-flexible solar panel has a unique 7-layer construction, featuring an embedded sheet of anodised aluminium fully encapsulated within the solar panel. This additional reinforcement offers greater strength and resilience, making this one of the most robust semi-flexible solar panels available on the market.
In addition to the aluminium reinforcement, the surface of this 20W semi-flexible solar panel is made of strong ETFE material which has a longer service life compared to standard semi-flexible solar panels. As a result, these particular semi-flexible solar panels are extremely hard-wearing and less prone to cracking , delamination and corrosion. The lightly textured coating of this panel creates an anti-reflective surface which allows the panel to absorb a far greater amount of light, thereby increasing efficiency. ETFE material has long been used in applications where durability and high-temperature resistance is required, such as in the Eden Project, Cornwall. You can read more about ETFE and its benefits here.
High quality German solar cells:
The high-efficiency monocrystalline German solar cells used in this solar panel have excellent performance in low light conditions (particularly when compared to solar cells of unknown origin) and they produce a good amount of power even in daylight – when direct sunlight is not available. These long-lasting German solar cells will provide many years of consistent, free power.
- Semi-flexible design makes it ideal for slightly curved roofs and surfaces where bonding is preferable (though the panel can also be fixed by bolts or screws)
- The panel is incredibly light (only 1.1kg) which is great for all vehicles
- High resistance to salt water environments and possibility to walk on the panel make it perfect for boats and yachts.
- Sealed waterproof design ensures the panel can be used in all weather conditions.
The panel is fitted with 2 x 0.9m of cable specially designed for solar panels to carry high currents with negligible power loss (2.5mm² cross section). The cable comes with waterproof MC4 connectors which can be used for easy connectivity to your existing system, for linking several panels together or for connecting 2.5mm extension cable.
Solar panel specifications:
- Peak power: 20W
- Maximum power voltage: 17.5V
- Maximum power current: 1.14A
- Open circuit voltage: 21.6V
- Short circuit current: 1.21A
- Power allowance range: +/- 5%
- Solar Panel Dimensions: 450 x 350 x 4 mm
- Junction Box Dimensions: 90 x 16 x 16 mm
- Weight: 1.10 kg
- 2 x 0.9m of high quality single core solar cable (2.5mm² cross section)
- Male and female MC4 connectors
This product is covered by a 1 year workmanship warranty. We will repair or replace defective items at our discretion.
In addition, solar cells are guaranteed to produce at least 90% of nominal power in 10 years after purchase and at least 80% of nominal power in 25 years after purchase. This warranty is provided by the manufacturer of solar cells.